Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pat Robertson Preaching the Hate 3/24/12


     As you may have noticed, I have spoke before about how I really don’t get this whole Conservative/hypocrite thing that is rampaging through our country right now.  And leave it to Pat Robertson to emphasize my point.  “Good Ole Boy Pat” has shot off his mouth again.  This time, of all people, about quarterback Peyton Manning.   You know Peyton Manning, the most vile and evil of professional athletes who donated enough money to actually build a children’s hospital in Indianapolis? The guy who just wants to play the game he loves, that has photo opportunities smiling with the owner who is about to cut  him. Yes, Pat this week said he thinks Peyton should get injured this season as retribution for the Broncos getting rid of Tim Tebow.  First of all, Peyton didn’t get rid of Tebow!  The Broncos did.  Put your hate on the right people at least! Secondly, I could see some professional athletes who could certainly incur the wrath of God, but Peyton Manning is the best you can do Pat??  When did Pat join the Wellsboro Baptist Church?  Or has he been there all the time? And don't get me wrong, I like Tim Tebow, but anyone with a clue see the benefit of Peyton over Tebow.  Well, not one lately has accused Pat of having a clue either.
      There is no more worthless human being than one who is anymore of a hypocrite than Pat Robertson.  The same Pat Robertson who predicted Doomsday in 1982 (More than a little off on his dates), said that 9/11 attacks were caused by feminists, homosexuals, lesbians oh, and liberal college professors. (That’s quite a run there Pat).   And then lied about his military service, after his important daddy (a US Senator) got him out of the war zone.  Okay, all you “religious” folks explain to this me.  How can one who, supposedly, walks with God can preach so much hate?  And so many people tune in to him to listen to rant like a drunken sailor? Really makes me question the education level of these people too.  Does being uneducated make you pious? Pat is the very worst that all of us have inside us.  He’s racist, sexist, full of hate, and one hell of a hypocrite!  He is right up there with Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher, but at least those two admit they are entertainers.  Pat Robertson actually takes himself serious.   And just one of the many reasons for I can’t take Conservatives serious.  Again, I am not against anyone's religion, but when you preach it when it is obvious a lie, then I have problems.  And being uneducated is no excuse.



“If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.”  - 1st John 4:20






2 comments:

  1. I will start off by saying that Pat Robertson is an idiot, and that is being kind to him and somewhat degrading to idiots everywhere. It took me a little time and searching, but I managed to find the comments that he made, on FOX news of all places. I couldn't get a hit on it on CNN or ESPN. I didn't see where he said he 'should' get hurt. The only quote I could find was that 'if' he got hurt they would be without a quarterback and "it would serve them right". Still a stupid thing to say, but then I already covered the idiot part. Robertson has proven time and again that he lives in his own world and is not representative of the teachings of the majority. In fact, he has more in common with Wellsboro than anyone else.
    All that being said, you are condeming Robertson for saying that he should be hurt, but were upset about someone coming out about the bounty's being paid to actually hurt people..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there in lies my point. Pat Robertson went on public record saying these things, while the bounty was a locker room only thing. And I will point out AGAIN, I am all for the punishments, never once have I ever said I thought they weren't warrented. They shouldn't be doing things like intentionally trying to hurt people. My problem was with the level of trust behind closed doors. Much different than getting a soundbyte on the 700 Club. If you are a locker room leader (and not saying this person was) but if you are, then I think in that enviroment your resposibility to the team is to say something right then and there, when coaches are telling you to hurt someone. Not years later when you are in the league office. Just an example that comes to mind. If you are working at Wal-Mart, and your manager tells you to hit the first old lady that comes by with a cart so that they can close the store for the night. I don't think you do it and then contact Bentonville. You tell him right then and there what you think and probably go to his supervisor. Then you may in fact call Bentonville, but there is an order of operations for how those things work. This could very well be a case of a disgruntled, ex-Saint who had axe to grind. (And Jeremy Shockey fits that bill.)

    ReplyDelete